SASL: Scriptable Aviation Simulation Library
SASL – is a scripting plugin for X-Plane which connects Lua scripts and runs them in a virtual machine.
SASL is a very powerful, yet easy to understand framework that allows designers to write complex (or simple) plugins for their product. SASL can basically do almost everything the native X-PLANE SDK can do, and in some sense even more. SASL has many preprogrammed features like font drawing, geometric shape drawing, interpolations and many other built-in features.
The benefits of SASL over the direct use of X-Plane SDK are:
- Lua is a high level language which is much easier to use than C++
- SASL scripts instantly run on all the operation systems supported by X-Plane
- Lua scripts can be debugged on the fly without the need to recompiling
- SASL not only translates native SDK functions but has a lot of built-in preprogrammed modules for graphics, user interaction, events processing etc.
- SASL (commercial version only) provides a special DRM system to protect the product from illegal use
Commercial SASL provides designers with the ability to encode and key protect their product. There are two types of protection available:
- Source encryption: encoding of Lua scripts so the source code isn't readable.
- Key protection: full DRM which includes source encryption and key registration for end user.
To learn more about commercial SASL please write us an email to info AT 1-sim.com
SASL Developer Widget
SASL v3 features multifunctional developer widget, which designed to be a useful tool during development process and gives access to internal Lua variables, project datarefs and commands (for viewing and manipulating them on the fly). SASL Developer Widget also provides console viewer in simulator environment and special tab to check performance data for current SASL project.